Mcdonald Birch House , Penang
Birch House is a historic building , It was built to serve as the office of the tin smelting plant of Escoy Smelting , known in the late 20th century as Eastern Smelting . The 5.3 hectare site of the tin smelting plant is now developed as Penang Times Square , and Birch House is being retained as the headquarters of the developer , Ivory Properties Group following a RM2.5 million restoration work .
Birch House was built around 1908. In 1907, the British Resident of Perak from 1905-1909, Sir Ernest Woodford Birch and three other associates bought controlling interest in Eastern Smelting Company. When the office of Eastern Smelting was built in the following year, 1908, it was named Birch House. Birch was a moving force in the development of the tin smelting works in Penang .
They renovation the whole building to mcdonald's concept with new design counter table and other side for MCcafe counter . this place is huge even upstairs , the building comes with two floors and drive thru on left of the building , Menu is the same as all the outlet in malaysia mcdonald's .
73, Jalan Dato Keramat,
10000 Pulau Pinang